Who Should Join?
Anyone interested in or responsible for:
- Strategies for planning and creating taxonomies— for example: identifying and articulating the need for taxonomies; demonstrating and communicating their value; analyzing existing vocabularies to inform the creation of new ones; and selecting technologies and tools to support them
- Implementation, maintenance, and use of controlled vocabularies for all types of information and all relevant contexts, such as support for search and navigation
- Standards, governance, and management of taxonomies and other controlled vocabularies
- New and emerging approaches to organizing information, such as the semantic web, ontologies, folksonomies, and tagging, including relationships between user-generated tags and formal controlled vocabularies.
- Add to or strengthen your knowledge with planned professional development opportunities and events
- Interact with others on our discussion board
- Be part of a global network of people working in related roles
- Access to the Community publication, Taxonomy Times, for members only featuring:
- Conference and meeting reports (SLA Conference, Taxonomy Boot Camp, InfoCamp Seattle, etc.)
- Letters from the Chair
Current SLA members
Unlimited community memberships are included in the SLA membership fee.
Not yet a member of SLA?
Now is the perfect time to join. Complete the membership application online. When you join, be sure to select the Taxonomy Community as your primary Community, included in your dues. We look forward to having you join us!