The Taxonomy Community is always in need of volunteers, either for specific one-time tasks or for ongoing committee roles.
Interested in volunteering? Contact the Community Board or Committee members via Connect
to discuss current opportunities and express interest.
- Find the names of a Board member or Committee chair on our Leadership page.
- In Connect, click on the Members tab and search.
- You will be presented the option to send them an email through Connect.
As key Community players – committee chairs and committee members make a significant contribution to the health and activities of the Community. Committee terms are usually one year with possibility of renewal. Short term special tasks are also available. A description of each committee and its activities is available on the Committees
Each position will give an opportunity to:
- Build planning and leadership skills
- Make a contribution to the profession (paying back)
- Gain management experience in Community activities
- Acquire new ‘technical’ skills/tools
- Raise your personal profile within SLA and the profession
- Help shape the direction/vision of the Community
- Interact with a group of dynamic committed taxonomy professionals
- Provide a route to Community executive board membership
For more details about specific opportunities at any given time, look for Open positions on our Leadership page. You may also volunteer to assist a Committee Chair. Contact them directly through Connect.